Хобі та захоплення

Вправляємось англійською

Posted by Солоха Конотопська on 28 лют 2016 відповідей - 106
  1. Goldstein

Goldstein Егоїстка

I am fine, thanks. I am going to have some wine tonight :angel: Every day I listen audio lessons by Dr. Paul Pimsleur. It is very useful for my English skills. On weekend I and my employers will go to the Valley Tulips on Chernivtsi Region. I hope it will be imazing.

Вкладення:

• Uekd3o0OjZc.jpg
      Uekd3o0OjZc.jpg
      Розмір файлу:
      98,4 КБ
      Переглядів:
    Останнє редагування: 13 кві 2016
    • Подобається Подобається x 4
  2. Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Hi , Mr. @Howell
    Thanks for asking.I'm just fine.
    How are you?
    My work and my daughter they keep me busy all the time
    Also, next Monday, I'm going for a business trip to Toronto for a few days.
    We take an annual trip every year.
    This will be my 3th trip.
    In previous trips, we use to stay in hotels near the airport. Which was OK , but not great .Every time we were commuting by sharing rent car or a taxi cab to get to downtown Toronto.
    But this time, the boss becomes more generous ( I don't know what happen) and reserve the waterfront hotel right on the Harbour Front.
    ( Lake Ontario)
    It's walking distance to downtown and many nights live places - bars and restaurants. I looking forward to having a good time in Toronto.
    I love this city.

• Подобається Подобається x 4
  3. Howell

Howell Member

Thanks, I'm fine too
    by the way, I and my girl (wife :) ) are going to spend our day-off in Uzhgorod city, we want to see blossoms cherry
    but seems that Mr Patrick win journey competition :)

[​IMG]

Ms Soloha, Am I right? I saw that your post was wrote about at 3 p.m. and your day just started, wow, you are sleepy-girl (on best meaning) :)
    and ths for dictionary link, I will watch it.
    And how are you going to spend your nearest future, three of us in nearest journey, do you plan something like this?

• Подобається Подобається x 1
    • Зе бест! Зе бест! x 1
  4. Well, to answer your question - no, I'm not a sleepy head. Not a sleeping beauty either. :) Maybe I've just posted at 3 pm whatever I've been doing in the morning? Or have I?... If we were in Twin Peaks, I would say: "Things are not always what they seem" :smoke:

That reminded me of another idiom : early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Not necessarily true, but sounds great.

Anyway, let's talk travel. Unfortunately, no traveling for me this month. But if you ask me where I would like to go, I'll tell you - Gdansk, to visit Amber Museum. I just love these little drops of sunshine's tears.

By the way, do any of you like museums or exhibitions? I do. But with nowadays technology you do not have to go anywhere to be able to see the world - just Google it. Right? :)

• Подобається Подобається x 2
  5. Patrick

I love museums and all kind of exhibitions.
    Each city or town where I have been I tried to visit some art/sport or historic places
    In the section Америка of this forum on page 2 and 3 we talked about museums and other attractions in NYC.I posted a list of "my" museums from this city.
    In Toronto, I been in ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) and Hockey Hall of Fame.
    In Ottawa - Canadian Museum of History and National Gallery of Canada.
    In Vancouver- Vancouver Art Gallery and Science World.
    In Munich - Deutsches Museum and BMW museum.
    When I was the kid my father used to take me to Lviv Museum of History and Museum of Natural science.
    I still remember those days. And I still remember good pieces of exhibitions.Even the smallest details.
    Now , when I'm a father I do the same with my daughter.And she liked.

To the second part of your question - I totally disagree.
    Nothing , absolutely nothing can substitute spirit , feeling and visuality what the museum or exhibiting can present to you by itself , instead to see the stuff online.

Останнє редагування: 16 кві 2016
    • Зе бест! Зе бест! x 1
  6. So, what's new with you , English learning community? :)

Not that I've discovered it recently, but it does not cease to amuse me that expression "That's fine. Thank you" means - "No, thank you" :)

7. Howell

Howell Member

Hi, Ms Soloha, sorry, that I didn't write long time but I wanted to write :)
    I will try to describe my day-off, if I say briefly it was excelend.
    We were spent our day-off with our friend, we travelled to Carpathians by car.
    I was in greit delight from green Carpathians,
    Our day-off started in friday, We fried meat, little bit climbed on low hill, wached nearest waterfall.
    On Saturday we were in Ughhorod city and watched blossom cherry, walked along the river, tried their local "bogarach" and in the evening we cooked soup from fish, it was greit. I must admit in that day we bought and checked some different wine in some village and... seems I drank more that I need, but it was so cool :) moreover seems I even don't remember all evening events...
    On Sunday we rode to Beregovo termal's pool, I felt better after saturday's wine. We visited your greit Lviv city on our back way home and late evening rode to our home.
    Of course there were many photo's, smile's, joke's, sightseeing, good friendy conversation near open fire.
    So life is good, and I agree come back to work again :)

• Зе бест! Зе бест! x 1
  8. I envy you soo much! Make sure to share some of your pictures in other threads, please.

We've been to Karpaty few times and each time it was a memorable event. The beauty of nature is breathtaking and adventures are something to talk about. :)

One time (we were there by car) we ran out of gas in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. We pushed the car few km until we flagged upcoming car and (o, a miracle!) it stopped! Thank's God for good people! He shared some gas and he refused to take any money. May God bless him!

And, of course, there were "shashlyky" and a big black stray dog with whom we shared our meat :)

9. Patrick

..not a damn thing.
    I returned home from Toronto yesterday.
    Instead to have a direct 4 hours fly Toronto - Edmonton.
    My trip took me almost 11 hours.Toronto - Winnipeg .Winnipeg -Vancouver.....and finally Vancouver - Edmonton.
    I get home at 4 a.m.
    And by 7 a.m. I have to in airport again , because my mother has a ticket to fly back to New Jersey , where she lives.
    During my trip to Toronto , my mother was a babysitter with my daughter.

10. Wow, it's almost a flight time to Ukraine! What happened? You must be tired . What is a time difference with TO - 3 hrs? 5? Will you boss give some time off to recuperate from this trip?

I'm sure you not up to answer any Q. Anyway, take a rest, all the best.

11. Patrick

The scheduled plane does not arrive from Edmonton.
    And they substitute fly for us.
    After I drove my mother back to the airport , and my daughter went to school I took a nap ...good nap.
    Of course, today is a day off for all of us.
    Tomorrow will be back to normal

...time difference between Edmonton and Toronto is 2hr.
    Now is 8:15 p.m. here in Edmonton In Toronto 10:15 p.m.

Останнє редагування: 21 кві 2016
  12. Patrick

Oops! I made a mistake
    NOT fly , but FLIGHT.
    I have installed spell checking in the PC and fix it automatically.
    But I should see IT.

13. Hyligan

Hyligan Іронічний

[​IMG]

• Смішно Смішно x 2
  14. When I'm thinking about difficulty of English grammar, my only satisfaction is that Ukrainian grammar for foreigners is not that easy too :) [​IMG]

• Інформативно Інформативно x 1
  15. Howell

Howell Member

I agree with you,
    seems that foreign language a little hard to us becouse we are not in English-language environment,
    and I think even native speakers have mistake in their grammar conversation as we are in our mather-tongue.
    I think so becouse I learnt my native language grammar rules many years ago, more exactly 2016 -1994 about 24 years ago, so I can say "Yes I can speak Ukrainian, but am I totally right at my mother-tongue I'm not sure"
    Moreover It seems when I will speak with any foreigner we must understand each other, but in our conversation we also might be loyal each other couse we from different,... mh-m-m, maybe, place or that environment. Of course it will be nice to know English well, but we live in Ukraine and so mostly speak on ukrainian. Maybe it's a good situation when your daily life bind with English-language events cause your english levels.
    I also think that english really easy, couse why so many nations speak at this one. The question is just in our vocabulary.

16. hrim

hrim Well-Known Member

17 km from Berehovo is Kosyno (Koson). There is a new thermal water complex. I happened to be there in winter, it was cool.

17. There is no doubt that FB was a great invention. It brought a fame and lots of money to Mark Zuckerberg. You can love him or hate him but as soon as you have access to a computer, you get yourself on FB. I personally have respect for him that he donates a chunk of his money to charities.

However, you have to love real life to find this joke funny. I do.

I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later,and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody doing every day.

Also, listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook! I already have few people following me: two police officers, a private investigator, and a psychiatrist.

18. Hyligan

Hyligan Іронічний

Скажіть будь ласка що означає ця фраза?

То з коментарів до цього відео

View: https://youtu.be/a5xSxGhlHfc

19. Patrick

<The drummer looks like he has seen things.>

Може бути айдіома - Бубняр (ударник) виглядає що бачив речі.- Чоловік з досвідом.

• Погоджуюся Погоджуюся x 1
    • Безграмотно Безграмотно x 1
  20. Hyligan

Hyligan Іронічний

Я чогось подумав шо то натяк на містику...ну ніби бачить суть речей )

а де твій аватар? :)